Happy Thursday, Y'all! It's been a busy week of offers and new contracts, which is why this week's newsletter is a little delayed. It's an exciting time for Austin real estate with multiple offers on nearly every transaction. We've been on an extraordinary winning streak with our buyers, and I'm grateful for that!
The secret about Austin is definitely out! Right now we're working with multiple clients moving from Seattle, Los Angeles and New York. I'm hearing this across the board. Our city's already impressive growth track is about to become even more dramatic!
Austin isn't the only thing that's growing. I'm thrilled to share that Ellevé Property Group is also growing! We have a brilliant new agent who has joined us (see below), and I have a few new announcements coming next week so stay tuned!
Is Now the Right
Time to Move?
It's such an unusual year, and many folks are still trying to figure out if now is the right time to make a move.
I’d like to share with you a couple of the sentiments that I’ve been hearing amongst my agent network for
buyers who are sitting on the sidelines and
sellers who are waiting to list.
1. Selling in a down market means you can buy in a down market. If you list now, you might sell a bit
lower but you can buy so much more with it.
2. Active buyers are more serious than ever before. People have spent the last 5 months realizing the inadequacies of their home. The buyers who are looking right now, in the middle of Covid-19, are very motivated to get a transaction done and take advantage of the historically low mortgage rates.
3. Price so that the market chases you up, not down. If you don’t price correctly, chances are buyers will not bid — and they may not even view.
4. We don’t know what the future holds. Don’t take this buyer demand for granted. This unprecedented year is far from over — the election and ongoing pandemic could freeze real estate activity again, making it harder to sell afterward. And if your home may require some home improvement services to shine, it’s time to take advantage of this moment when we know that contractors are still allowed inside the home.
To my buyers-in-wait:
1. It's likely prices will go up because of inflation. After an unprecedented government stimulus, expect inflation sooner or later. Investing in real estate is a great hedge against that.
2. Interest rates are at historic lows — but don’t take that for granted. Requirements and rates will worsen at some point.
3. There’s real value in comfort and security right now. What matters more to you: trying to time the bottom of the market, or finding the right home that’ll make you and your family feel comfortable and safe during this time?
4. Try to avoid the “wait and see” mentality. Nobody buys at the bottom — and knows it. Focus on quality as your priority: the best deal on the best match that meets your needs for years to come.
As always, if you'd like a more tailored look at how the market is playing out in your neighborhood, just let me know!
, our newest agent at Ellevé Property Group! When she isn’t helping her clients reach their personal and investment real estate goals, you’ll find Mylie at the farmer's market gathering local ingredients to turn into a creative dinner, camping with her kids, and sailing on Lake Travis.
Every once in a while you may even catch her dancing a Two Step at the Broken Spoke while visiting with dance friends made over two decades of owning Go Dance Studios, Austin’s largest partner dance studio. We are so happy to have Mylie joining us!
Take a Cooking Class with Siete Foods
Tune in on August 18th at 6:00 pm CST to learn from chefs at Siete Foods how to prepare three gourmet summer salsas! You'll also be learning a recipe for a Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca, which includes a margarita-style variation for the tequila lovers out there. Tickets are $10 -
to learn more!
Austin Film Series Features Favorite Local Restaurants
Local Austin filmmaker Christian Remde's series Re-Open features restauranteurs from Hestia, Wu Chow, Peached Tortilla, and L'Oca D'Ora, among other Austin favorites. See the trailer and read more
here, and get an inside look into how Austin's top restaurants have been dealing with the difficulties of the pandemic.
Private Exclusive Listings
Our team has access to listings that are not yet on the MLS - let me know if you'd
500 Leland Street
Vaulted ceilings, gorgeous backyard and deck, fire pit.
3206 Cupid Drive
Backs up to Greenbelt, recently remodeled mid-century beauty.
If you were forwarded this e-mail and would like to receive my weekly newsletters, click below to subscribe!
© Compass 2020 ¦ All Rights Reserved by Compass ¦ Made in NYC
The information contained herein does not purport to be complete nor, necessarily, accurate and should be independently verified; nor does it represent or constitute a legal analysis or financial advice. All of the financial projections and/or conclusions are provided for illustration purposes only. Compass and its agents disclaim any and all liability for representations and warranties, express or implied, contained in, or for omissions from, the information contained herein or any other written or oral communication transmitted or made available to the recipient. This represents an estimated sale price for this property. It is not the same as an opinion of value in an appraisal developed by a licensed appraiser under the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.